Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Woodland Hills Weekend

I had a wonderful, relaxing weekend in Woodland Hills with my uncle and Dana. It was, once again, great to get out of the city and have some peace and quiet in my life.

Dana is part of a rock band that performed this weekend. It was really cool! She had performances both Saturday and Sunday. There was a Nordstrom Rack almost next door to where she performed. I snuck into there on Sunday. I'm not a fan! I need organization when I shop and there was none there. Plus there's people galore! It's Old Navy meets a warehouse. I didn't get anything. Of the few things I wanted, of course my size was gone. It was quite the experience.

I also had quite the culinary experiences this weekend. Saturday Dana made a German meal complete with schnitzel, potatoes, and noodles. All of it was delicious! I've been to Germany, but the only food I remember eating there was lots and lots of ice cream (whatever their version is called) and bratwurst and sauerkraut. Needless to say I was a hungry 16-year-old! On Sunday, we went to a Japanese BBQ place for dinner. It reminded me of being in China. We all sat around a table with a grill in the middle. They brought us small dishes of raw meat and Grill Master Uncle Bill grilled it for us. It was really good and such a fun experience. We were all stuffed beyond the brim after that. I also tried sushi for the first time at this place. I had a spicy tuna roll...just one little piece. It wasn't terrible, but I still need to ease into this whole sushi thing. I was also introduced to grits for the first time. Dana made us grits and shrimp. I'm definitely sold on that! Dana also made a homemade red velvet cake that was beyond good! On Monday I had that for breakfast, dessert for lunch, and dessert for dinner. I was sitting on the couch eating my cake and drinking my coffee for breakfast and Dana went for a jog and Uncle Bill was lifting weights upstairs. I like my situation the best ;-). I am definitely my mother's daughter!

I'm really going to miss Uncle Bill and Dana when they move! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment