Sunday, October 14, 2012

I met Lauren Conrad!!

My roommate and I volunteered for Susan G. Komen Designs for the Cure gala yesterday afternoon and evening. We were originally assigned to be greeters and help with registration, but neither of us could make it to the mandatory training session (training to be a volunteer...I was confused as well) so we got moved to survivor hosts. At first we were both unhappy. BUT as it turns out we got the best job ever!!! We got to hang out with and get to know the 8 beautiful, inspiring women who were being featured at the gala while they got their hair, makeup, and nails done. We were essentially their "shadow" for the entire day to make sure they were OK and just had someone there to talk to if they needed it.

Lauren Conrad designed the dresses and gown for these women and was a featured speaker at the dinner. She was in the dressing room with us for a while before photos and dinner helping make last-minute adjustments and making sure everything fit correctly. She is such a sweetheart and just as beautiful, if not more beautiful, in person! It was an awesome experience all around!

(I also got a free copy of her new "Beauty Book" that's not out until October 16th. Oh the perks of being a volunteer.)

I'm waiting for the professional picture to get sent to me, but it's Lauren Conrad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment