Friday, October 19, 2012

The Voice Recap

This past week I had another opportunity to go to a taping of The Voice. This time is was for Season 4 Blind Auditions. It wasn't quite as exciting as Knockout Rounds, but it was still awesome to be there! Once again, I had almost perfect seats!! We were level with the coaches and could see all of their reactions and conversations while the artis performed. The only bad thing was that one they turned their chairs we couldn't see them anymore. I'd much rather have the seats we had than to see them once they turned around. It just wasn't the same without Cee Lo and Christina. I love Usher and he was absolutely adorable in person! Shakira was a NIGHTMARE!!! I was disappointed when I heard she would be joining The Voice, and yesterday just confirmed it. She talked for literally 20 minutes trying to convince an artist to be on her team. When I say talk, I mean jabbered about NOTHING! What she was saying had no relevance! At one point in time she was telling us about her childhood in Colombia. One of her best lines was, "I'm a mother now." Um, yeah...to an unborn child! Nice try! She made Christina look low maintenance. Between literally every break or pause (generally 10-15 minutes) she would whip out her compact and fuss with her hair and makeup for at least 5 minutes. I mean, I'm sure she's great, but I'm not a fan. We sat on Blake's side and were super close...30 feet away tops. Couldn't have asked for better seats! :-) Best part of all of this is that is was free! Thanks 1iota!

No comments:

Post a Comment